As I mentioned in my previous post, I love discovering new, natural foods that are yummy and of course gluten free! When my manager at work introduced me to Emmy’s macaroons I was HOOKED! With my Copycat Emmy’s Macaroon Recipe you can make your own macaroons at home. This recipe is fast, easy and no bake! Not to mention my macaroons are gluten free & vegan, just like the real thing. The best part? They taste just like Emmy’s too!
Copycat Emmy’s Macaroon Recipe- Coconut Vanilla & Mint Chip
1 cup unsweetened coconut
1 cup almond flour
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/3 cup agave nectar
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 tbsp melted coconut oil
1/4 tsp organic peppermint extract
1 tbsp cacoa nibs
- Add coconut, almond flour & salt to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add in agave, vanilla & coconut oil and mix until well combined.
- When dough comes together, form a ball and split in half. Set aside 2nd half to make mint chip flavor.
- Scoop the first half of the dough into mini-muffin pans and flatten. I used a small ice cream scooper to do this.
- To the remaining half of the dough, add peppermint extra and cacao nibs.
- Mix well before scooping remaining dough into muffin pan.
- Freeze the macaroons until firm, about one hour.
- Use a table knife to loosen the macaroons from the muffin tin and pop them out.
Store macaroons in the refrigerator in an airtight container
Notes: This recipe makes about 14-16 mini macaroons depending on the size of your mini-muffin tins. You can make all your macaroons mint chip by adding 1/2 tsp peppermint extract and 2 tbsp cacao nibs to the dough instead of splitting the batter in half.