Banana Almond Chocolate Chunk Bars
1/4 c organic coconut oil
1/2 c mashed banana
1/3 c almond butter
1 tbsp vanilla
1/3 c milk (use almond, coconut or soy to keep vegan)
1/2 c almond flour
1/2 c gluten free flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 3oz bar of Theo Chocolate, you can use dark like I did or milk if you prefer a sweeter bar (Theo is organic, Non-GMO and fair trade certified)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8 x 8in glass pan with aluminum foil and grease with coconut oil.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt the coconut oil and let stand to cool slightly.
- To the bowl, add the mashed banana, almond butter, vanilla and milk. Whisk until smooth and combined.
- Next, add the two flours and baking powder, stirring just until combined.
- Lastly, fold in dark chocolate chunks.
- Spread batter into prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire wrack inside the pan before cutting.