Ask me what Easter means and I will probably tell you chocolate peanut butter eggs.
Ok, I know it’s quite a lot more than that, but seriously can it really be Easter without Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs? No! Well, technically yes because you never need to buy another Reese’s egg again. Why buy them when you can make them at home? My recipe for copycat Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs will satisfy your sweet tooth without all the junk that comes with store bought candy. These eggs contain just 4 ingredients that you can both pronounce and recognize. Not to mention they are both gluten free and vegan. Need I say more?
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter with the agave and mix well.
- Add in the almond flour and knead with a spatula until well combined and a dough like mixture forms.
- Pinch off about a tablespoon of dough and roll to form eggs before placing them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Freeze the peanut butter eggs for 3 hours.
- Using a double boiler, completely melt the chocolate and set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Use a slotted spoon to dunk the peanut butter eggs into the chocolate. Let excess chocolate drain before returning the egg to prepared baking sheet.
- Refrigerate eggs until chocolate is set. Store eggs in the refrigerator.
Naked eggies, ready for a chocolatey bath…
Have a very Happy Easter from my kitchen to yours!