- Sarah Lucero: Celebrity Makeup Artist & Executive Director at Stila Cosmetics
- Dr. Jennifer Ashton: MD, OB-GYN, ABC News Medical Correspondant, Tri-Athlete & Author…talk about credentials!
- A panel of four experienced bloggers: Jill Hanner (jillhanner.com), Deb Perelman (Smitten Kitchen), Dana Weiss (Possestionista) & Erin Whitehead (Fit Bottomed Girls)
- Brett Hobel: Biggest Loser trainer, creator of RevAbs & celebrity trainer
- Rocco DiSpirito: Author, chef & star of a new web-series
All the seminars were really great and informative, but my two favorites were the blogger panel & Rocco DiSpirito.
- Don’t start your blog to make money. -Dana Weiss
- You don’t have to say YES to everything. -Dana Weiss
- Know your worth. -Erin Whitehead
- Don’t waste your time worrying what other people are doing. -Deb Perelman
That last one was a big one for me. When I started this blog, I started it because I wanted to provide people with great recipes and great content. Though I read blogs here and there, I was never a big follower or an everyday reader of certain blogs. I didn’t look at, copy or take ideas from anyone’s blog, and I’m proud to say this blog is all my own. Deb spoke about how people want to read something that is different, and just because most bloggers do something one way, it doesn’t mean that you have to. Great takeaway!